In this post we’re going to give you a buyer’s guide for coffee grinders. First thing we will do is give you three things that you need to look for if you are interested in buying a good grinder and this will be based on the features so you know you will get one that will suit you.
We will then take a look at the top five coffee grinders for 2020 so you can make a better buying decision.
Here are the things that you need to look for with your coffee grinder:
Three Things You Need to Look for before You Buy A Coffee Grinder:
The first thing that you need to consider before you buy a coffee grinder is the size of the bean holder and also the size of the container for your coffee. These will vary greatly and if you are buying for personal use you only need to get a small one.
This may sound obvious but as there is so much difference between each one is a good idea to look at the features and make sure that you are not getting a huge 12 person coffee grinder if you are only going to use for yourself or a few people.
Likewise, if you need to get a larger coffee grinder it is a good idea to make sure that you get one that is a bit more robust and more than industrial choice. You are able to buy coffee grinders that will just do the job and we have reviewed some on the site, you can also buy some that will give you extra features and even allow you to prepare coffee as well as grind the beans.
Make sure that you know what size you are going for as it will affect the price and it will also affect how the coffee grinder will work.
Settings For Grinding:
The next thing that you will need to look at is the different settings for grinding. If you’re going to be preparing a lot of different coffees it is very important that you make sure you get a grinder that will give you different choices in terms of the settings.
Most really good coffee grinders will give you up to 20 different settings that will allow you to fine tune exactly how you want the coffee beans prepared. You will be able to select the setting from very fine to a coarser grind if you need it.
The other thing to think about is the different settings that you want with your coffee grinder. For instance, a lot of the better ones will give you a one touch grind setting which you can use to get the job done faster. You will also be able to find programmable grinders on the market that will allow you to program the grind and the coffee.
You will also be able to buy coffee grinders that prepare the coffee for you as well as grinding the beans. These are extra features and of course you can go for a standard grinder, but it is something to think about as there are some really good one’s available online that will not break the bank.
Another thing that you can do before you buy a coffee grinder is to make sure that you check out customer reviews, one of the best places to do this is Amazon.com and this is where you can buy all of our recommended coffee grinders.
It will allow you to see all of the feedback that people giving about individual coffee grinders and that will help you to make a better buying decision.
We recommend looking through the five-star reviews so you can see all of the plus points that people are saying and we also recommend looking through the three star and the one star reviews so you can see some of the negative points that people are mentioning.
If you follow the tips above, we think you will get a great coffee grinder that you will love, be able to use easily and you can always go for extra features if you choose to.
Check out some of our choices below and we are sure that you will find something that will meet your needs.
Top 5 Coffee Grinders For 2020:
KRUPS KM785D50 Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker
This is our top choice and will give you everything that you need for a really good coffee grinder and it will make your coffee for you.
Here are all the features that you get:
- 10 CUP COFFEEMAKER W/ BUILT IN GRINDER: Brew great tasting coffee at home — built in conical burr grinder grinds beans right before brewing for enticingly rich aroma and full bodied flavour (no need for a separate grinder)
- EASY CUSTOMIZING: 2 to 10 cup grinder setting for customizing the amount, 5 grind settings (coarse to fine) for choosing the intensity, and brew strength selector with 3 flavour options (mild, medium, and strong)
- AUTO START & KEEP WARM: Schedule the brew cycle to start whenever you want (great for wake up coffee); 2 hour keep warm for delicious hot coffee from first cup to last
- BREW PAUSE & PRECISE POURING: No need to wait — pause and serve function allows for pouring a cup at any time during the brew cycle; carafe with curved spout ensures drip free pouring down to the last drop
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: Intuitive controls and a crystal clear LCD screen ensure easy programming and use; removable gold tone filter included for hassle free cleaning
Here are the standout features for this product:
The 2 to 10 Cup Grinding Selector:
Using the KRUPS KM785D50 Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker you will be able to select from a 2 cup to a 10 cup grinding Selector, this will allow you to customise the quantity of the beans that you are using for the perfect amount of freshly brewed coffee.
This is also very versatile because you will be able to make coffee just for yourself and have 2 cups of coffee in the morning or if you have visitors you can make up to 10 cups with ease so you are not stuck with a small coffee machine that can only serve a few people.
Freshly Ground Coffee Every Time You Want It:
You will be able to get freshly ground coffee every time you make a cup of coffee as it has the coffee grinder built in. This will definitely add taste and character to your coffee and it also means that you can try fresh coffee beans and lots of different coffee types any time you want to.
Five Setting Conical Burr Grinder:
The conical burr grinder lets you choose from five settings you will be able to choose from coarse to fine and of course you will want to use the appropriate bean type for the best results. If you are making espresso you will obviously need a different grind, then if you are making standard filter coffee.
Make sure that you check out a full review of this product below or you can go straight through to Amazon.com to buy it.
Click here to get a review of the KRUPS KM785D50 Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker…
Click here to buy the KRUPS KM785D50 Grind and Brew Auto-Start Maker at Amazon.com…
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Our second choice will give you a very good coffee grinder if you are just looking for the grinder itself and you do not need many other extras.
This one gives you a very good conical Burr coffee grinder!
Here are the main features:
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS – Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER – Baratza’s best-selling grinder, with its small footprint is THE choice for brewing coffee at home.
- USER FRIENDLY – A convenient, front-mounted pulse button, plus a simple ON/OFF switch makes it easy to grind fresh coffee.
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS – With commercial-grade conical burrs to help you explore the extensive range of brew methods (espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers.).
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS – Engineered with 40mm hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability to ensure the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Encore is backed by Baratza’s world class support and a 1-year warranty.
Here are the standout features:
The Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder gives you a great all-purpose coffee grinder that can be used by professionals or as an entry-level grinder as well. This particular brand has been developing grinders since 2012 and it will give you fantastic grind consistency and reliability making a great choice to use at home but with industrial longevity.
This will also give you straightforward and easy-to-use controls, it has a motor that is activated by an on-off toggle switch on the side and that means that you can have this on a continuous grind or alternatively you can set it to a pulse motion on the front for a quick burst. This will allow you to grind coffee beans faster and will also allow you to customise the size of the grind.
40 Levels of Grind:
If you want to be able to customise your exact grind settings then this is definitely one for you. You will get 40 levels of grinding settings that will allow you to produce pretty much any type of coffee bean grind. You will be able to use this for espresso, French press and nearly all automatic brewers.
It also gives you a 40 mm hardened steel burr that will give you a quality grind and the grinder itself will last a long time.
Click here to check out a full review of the coffee grinder…
Click here to buy the Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder at Amazon.com…
Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Electric Coffee Grinder
This is a very large coffee grinder and is also made by a reputable brand.
Here are the features:
- Automatic coffee and spice grinder with variable settings—Coarse, Medium, or Fine
- Chamber Maid Cleaning System sweeps chamber walls to reduce mess and waste
- Precisely grind for the amount of coffee you are brewing—from 4 to 12 cups. Cord length: 25 inches
- 1 year limited warranty
Here are the standout features and the reasons to buy:
Using the Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Electric Coffee Grinder they claim to give you fantastic flavour and that it will unlock the delicious characteristics of the roast right before brewing. This is more to do with brewing fresh coffee, but this product will definitely help with that.
They also claim to give you a richer aroma and taste as you will be able to extract the fullest flavour and enjoy true tasting coffee any time you want.
This product would be a fantastic choice if you are going to be using it for your morning coffee there are also a few standout features in the way that this coffee grinder has been designed:
- Wide upper collar, flip-top lid for mess-free filling and emptying
- Removable, dishwasher-safe grinding chamber
- Cord storage
Click here to read a full review of the Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Electric Coffee Grinder…
Click here to buy the Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Electric Coffee Grinder at Amazon.com…
Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
This choice will give you a very good conical burr grinder that will give you coffee akin to something that you will get in a café, if you’re looking for something that will give you authentic tasting you don’t mind paying a little bit more then this is the choice for you.
Here are the features:
PRECISION GRINDING: Commercial-grade, solid steel conical burrs with advanced cutting design
WIDE GRINDING RANGE: From ultrafine Turkish to French Press coarse and everything in between
PRESERVES AROMA: Gear reduction motor grinds slow with reduced noise and little static build-up
LARGE CAPACITY: 8.8-ounce bean container and 4-ounce ground coffee container
EASY TO CLEAN: Removable upper burr allows access for easy cleaning
HOUSING: ABS black plastic
Here are the standout features and reasons to buy:
Here are some of the standout features and reasons to buy:
This conical burr grinder provide the widest range of precision grinding for every type of brewing method so if you want to make Turkish coffee, espresso, drip coffee, French press or even the standard Pour over brewers and percolated coffee this grinder will work very well with all of these and if you’re looking for something that will give you versatility it is a very good choice.
You also get commercial grade conical steel burrs with an advanced cutting design for high precision grinding and these gears have actually been assembled in Switzerland for a precise fit. This is really what you are paying for as it will give you a very advanced grinder if you’re looking for something that you will use for more than just dinner parties and you want something that will handle heavy use then this is a great choice for you.
Easy to clean:
This grinder will also give you a removable upper burr for easy cleaning with the enclosed brush, the safety lock mechanism ensures that the grinder does not operate without the bean container in place and this is a nice feature that will keep everything safe especially if you have children that may like to check out your new grinder!
You will get an innovative gear reduction motor that will create less friction and the that will make sure that you get the maximum flavour and aroma from your coffee beans and it will also mean that the motor takes far less wear so you can use this with confidence if you want a very long-lasting grind.
Click here to read a full review of the Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
Click here to buy the Capresso 560.01 Infinity Conical Burr Grinder at Amazon.com…
Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Burr Mill
This is our final choice, but it is last and not least as it will give you a lot of features that you can use if you want to make great tasting coffee from home.
This one will suit someone that is just looking for a grinder and if you want one that is made by a reputable brand name then this is definitely well worth checking out as it will give you all of the features you need without any of the extras that will cost you more money.
It also has some fantastic reviews!
Here are the main features:
- Customizable: intelligent design features take the hassle out of grinding your own Coffee, with a 110-watt motor that delivers a consistent, even grind every time! With 17 grinding options, you can customize your grind from extremely fine to coarse, 17 being the finest and 1 being the coarsest.
- Spacious: The large hopper holds up to 8 ounces of Coffee beans to make anywhere from 2-12 cups at a time, so you can make freshly brewed Coffee for yourself or the whole family. Make sure to allow the motor to cool for about 2 minutes between brewing cycles.
- Full flavor: burr mill system avoids overheating The Coffee beans, so you get freshly ground Coffee with full-bodied flavor and better taste, perfect for any brew process you are using such as automatic drip or French press.
- Easy use and easy clean: this grinder is designed with an easy, one Touch operation to make the grinding process quick and easy. Burr grinding disc and container are detachable for easy cleaning, allowing for time to enjoy your cup of Coffee. Bonus free cleaning brush included!
- Resources: cell approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year provided by Chef man, so you can purchase worry-free – We’ve got your back! For information on how to use your product, scroll down for a PDF user guide.
Here are some of the standout features for this grinder that will give you good reason to buy it:
One of the standout features of this coffee grinder is the mill system itself, it will grind your coffee but it will also avoid overheating and that will preserve the aroma and the texture of your coffee. If you’re going to buy expensive coffee beans then you want to make sure that you are not overheating them when you are grinding.
All you need to do with the Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Burr Mill is select the grinding setting that you want as there is a lot of different settings that we will explore below, then leave it to its work and it will make sure that your coffee is ground perfectly without overheating the beans and damaging the flavour.
The grinding options that you have are vast with the Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Burr Mill you will be able to make pretty much any type of coffee that you need and you will get 17 grinding options in total so you will be able to get a perfect grind every time whether you are making the coffee for yourself or for a party of people.
Click here to read a full review of the Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Burr Mill
Click here if you want to buy the Chefman Coffee Grinder Electric Burr Mill
We are sure if you have a look at some of the choices above will find a fantastic coffee grinder that will be fully up to date and give you all of the features that you need to experience authentic style coffee exactly like you are at the café!
Thanks for reading and good luck on your search for a great coffee grinder.